Requirements to obtain Spanish residency with the Golden Visa in 2022
Golden Visa enables all Non-European Union citizens to attain qualified residency permits in return for investing in Spain. But, which are the specific requirements they need to meet in order to be able to apply for it?
There are two different types of requirements. On the first hand, we can find some general requirements in order to be admitted into the application. Then, we have the investment or business requirement, which will give the foreigner all the rights of free movement and residence in Spain and in the European Union.
First of all, we will take a look at who the beneficiaries are:
- Highly qualified professionals
- Workers who carry out intra-company movements within the same company or group of companies.
The applicant must comply, as a basis, the following:
- Not be in Spain in an irregular situation.
- Be over 18 years of age
- Not having a criminal record in Spain and in the countries where he has resided in the last 5 years for crimes provided for in the Spanish legal system. This will be checked by the Spanish police.
- Not having been rejected in countries with which Spain has signed agreements.
- Has public insurance or private health insurance from an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain.
- Has sufficient financial resources for himself and for the members of his family during your period of residence in Spain.
- Has paid the Golden Visa processing fee and presented the corresponding application form.
Once the applicant has met all the general requirements, in order to qualify for the Golden Visa, he must invest at least a minimum amount in one of the different areas proposed. The inversion has to be made in the next 3 months or it has to be made recently in Spain.
Investor or entrepreneur needs to (only one option is required):
- Invest at least € 2,000,000 in Spanish public debt securities.
- Invest, at least, € 1,000,000 in shares or social participations of Spanish companies.
- Invest at least € 1,000,000 in bank deposits in Spanish financial institutions.
- Buy real estate in Spain for at least € 500,000 for each applicant.
- Develop a business project in Spain that is of general interest and that meets at least one of the following conditions: that jobs are created; that an investment with a significant socio-economic impact be made in the area where the activity is to be carried out; relevant contribution to scientific or technological innovation.
When all the information has been collected by your expert Golden Visa lawyer, the application is presented at the corresponding offices, which vary depending on the route chosen to obtain the Golden Visa.
Visa applications are resolved and notified within 10 days in general, and can reach 20 business days in the minority of cases.
Maybe you may be interested: Spain Golden Visa step by step